Enabler4Excel Enterprise Admin
When it comes to working with data, the ubiquity of Excel is hard to beat. It provides tons of shortcuts for modifying, reporting and representing data, so it is only natural to augment the powers of Salesforce with usability of Excel. Enabler4Excel does just that – provides tools to pull data from Salesforce, work on it in Excel, and push it back with one click – no CSV files, no hassle, and you have all the amazing tools of Excel right at your fingertips: pivot tables, charts, formulae, lookups, etc.
No need to request a demo or even pick up your phone. Installation and setup only takes couple of minutes, and it is so intuitive and easy to use, that, as one of our users put it, if you know Excel – you know Enabler4Excel. You would be able to start working on your data immediately.
Once installed, go to Enabler4Excel tab in your Excel ribbon, log in with your Salesforce ID and click "Reports". It took us longer to type that sentence up than to have your real-life data appear on your screen in a familiar Excel UI. Getting fresh data from Salesforce.com is even easier – just click "Refresh" and it gets updated instantly! You can now make your changes to the data, and once done, simply send you modified data back to Salesforce in one click. And if you have several logins, Enabler4Excel keeps them for you so switching between accounts is easy.
Our users report increased productivity and saving hundreds of work hours a year by being able to:
- Pull any Salesforce Report (click on Reports button).
- Pull any data using Salesforce.com SOQL (no coding required).
- Insert, Update, Delete, or Upsert up to 1 million records.
- Convert up to 1 million Leads in one go.
- Mass-merge Accounts, Contacts, and Leads.
- Work offline and push data back once connected.
- Schedule automatic refresh of all your data from Salesforce.com.
- Get a comprehensive picture of all the fields in the system: what they are and where they show up.
- Calculate the actual utilization of any field in the system.
- Convert your page layouts to VisualForce pages to help you jump-start your VF page development.
- Analyze values that are going to be loaded to dependent and controlling pick lists to easily find invalid ones.
And if you are worried that having access to the power of Enabler4Excel in an Enterprise environment may be not be suitable for all users, there's no need: we've created a special edition of the tool called Team Player that will only allow your users to do things that are enabled by the admin for each particular template. The Enabler4Excel Enterprise Admin is capable of assigning specific features to each and every sheet in an Excel workbook. When such workbook is later opened in Team Player, the user is only capable of doing the operation that the admin has assigned to that specific sheet. The admin also sets up all the plumbing necessary for a successful data load, like mappings, external id column (for Upsert), Account and Opportunity name columns (for Convert Leads). So all the user is left to do is get the data by clicking Refresh, make his/her data changes, and push the data back using the operation previously enabled by the Admin. Enabler4Excel Enterprise Admin can turn each Excel worksheet into an easy-to-use data load template.